Our ambition is to enable Sustainable Lithium Production
Energy Storage is critical to the success of the Energy Transition
GeoLith is committed to enabling sufficient Battery Energy Storage System capacity, offering technology that allows local, sustainable lithium production.Whether for power transmission or for electric mobility, lithium is critical for the manufacture of storage devices and achieving energy transition.
But for that transition to be truly sustainable, the whole value chain, including the sourcing of all critical materials, needs be in line with the highest ESG commitments.
4 United Nations SDGs are directly targeted by GeoLith
Exponential growth in demand for lithium
Driven by the increase in the manufacture of batteries for electric vehicles, demand for lithium is expected to grow exponentially in the near future. According to European institutions, we will need to produce six times more lithium in 2030 and almost 60 times more in 2050.
Lithium market challenges
The lithium market is under great stress, jeopardising the energy transition. GeoLith’s Li-Capt® technology aims to solve three major challenges.
• Produce more: Li-Capt® is two times more efficient than existing technologies and allows production from new resources, increasing available lithium.
• Produce better: current production methods are questionable from an environmental perspective (emissions, desertification, water management).
• Our process is fully sustainable.
• Security of supply: current lithium production comes from a handful of assets.
• With our technology, local production is possible, restoring sovereignty over resources.
Our Target: full industrial capability in 2024
GeoLith has been taking the industrialisation route since 2019, when its first test bench was manufactured, proving the efficiency of the technology over a wide range of concentrations, pressures and temperatures. It has since manufactured three pilot plants with increased capacities, currently operating in different parts of the globe.